The 9th IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems
The 16th International Conference on
Motion and Vibration Control (MoViC 2022)
(Jointly held at University of California, Los Angeles on September 7-9, 2022)
News!! Profs. Masayoshi Tomizuka (UC Berkeley), Keqiang Li (Tsinghua University, China), Kon-Well Wang (University of Michigan), John Ringwood (Maynooth University, Ireland), Rolf Findeisen (TU Darmstadt, Germany) will deliver plenary/keynote talks in the joint conference. News!! DOE Water Power Technologies Office will have a special session in the joint conference. News!! To bring together young professionals with a variety of backgrounds to share what they know, and learn from others, young professional session will be hosted by the International Networking of Offshore Renewable Energy (INORE).
- The Water Power Technologies Office at the Department of Energy (DOE) is scoping a potential prize competition related to distributed energy conversion with the goal to advance grid-scale wave energy technology. This interdisciplinary prize competition seeks to engage experts that use mechatronic principles. The potential prize will have a focus on a collaborative approach to spur innovation. We look forward to discussing this potential funding with the mechatronic community. First time applicants to Department of Energy funding are encouraged to apply. Learn more about this opportunity during the DOE panel during the joint session.
- To bring together young professionals with a variety of backgrounds to share what they know, and learn from others, young professional session will be hosted by the International Networking of Offshore Renewable Energy (INORE). Two topics of young professional activities will be held during the conference. Topic one will focus on career development discussion. Several experts with diverse career paths will join in a panel discussion to share their career development experience. Topic two will be a pitch presentation session to let young professionals to share their own research and communicate with each other.
Simple food, beverage and snacks will be provided (please specify your food preference in this form).
Please fill in this form before 11:59 pm PST Sep 6th, 2022 if you want to join this session (pitch presentation in section 2 is not required if you just want to join the session as an audience). Certificate will be provided for winners of the pitch presentation session.
Application Link: Application of Young Professions Events in 2022 MS-MoVic
May 30, 2022
June 12 – July 14, 2022
July 07, 2022
The joint conference received 170 submissions by March 30th. The full paper submission was closed. We welcome abstracts for presentations without full papers by April 15th.
Dear IFAC MS/MoViC Registrants,
Thank you for registering the conference. We would to like to remind you to make arrangements on the UCLA lodging options listed on the IFAC Papercept conference registration site as early as when they are available before the deadline of July 28.
Please note that we have secured significantly lower than the market rates for the UCLA lodging options, which are flat rates without additional taxes or service charges. Breakfasts are also included in the stay of the Deneve Residence Hall, which is a 5 minute walk from the Conference Venue. On the other hand, the Luskin Hotel is a five-star hotel facing the Conference venue, which has a published daily rate of $499 plus tax. Entering UCLA campus from outside hotels may be time consuming with the nearby subway station construction for the 2028 Summer Olympic Games. Making the UCLA lodging selections will save you significant time and expenses.
If you are staying at UCLA Luskin Hotel and need to stay extra days within three days before or after the September 6 check-in and September 9 check-out window, the Luskin Hotel may honor the same Conference daily rate if rooms are available. Please inquire with the on-site reservations team at 855-522-8252 or email them at Lcc_reservations@ha.ucla.edu about availability and if confirmed/reserved we will open special tickets for the purchase on the IFAC Papercept conference registration site”.
General Chairs’ Welcome
We are delighted to invite you to participate in the joint 9th IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems (Mechatronics 2022) and the 16th International Conference on Motion and Vibration Control (MoViC 2022), to be held on the beautiful campus of the University of California, Los Angeles on September 6-9, 2022. The joint conference will be the forum for the participants from academia, industry, and government labs to share their latest advances. The scope includes fundamental theory, design methodology, technical innovation, and advances in industrial and emerging applications. The conference is expected to disseminate contributions to the education and the technological advances in a broad range of applications. Topics of interest include but are not limited to modeling, identification, control, sensing, actuation, and synergetic interdisciplinary and inter-domain design and system realization methodologies and their application in nano/micro/macro manufacturing, automation, aero/space/ground/underwater powertrains and autonomous vehicles, vibration analysis and control, structure health monitoring, power and energy harvesting systems, medical robots, telecommunications, space exploration, meta materials and smart structures, cyber-physical systems, Internet-of-Things, mechatronics education, and etc.
The IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems, coordinated by IFAC’s Technical Committee on Mechatronic Systems (TC 4.2), had taken place every three years. The Symposium was inaugurated in Germany in 2000 and was held in USA in 2002 and 2010. The International Conference on Motion and Vibration Control (MoViC) had taken place every other year. The Conference was inaugurated in Japan in 1992 and was held in the USA in 2004 and 2012. Both conferences have had a track record of holding joint conferences to foster synergy of the respective professional communities with both overlapping and distinct thrust areas and topics of interest. For example, IFAC MS was held jointly with ASME DSCC in 2010 and MoViC was held jointly with ASME DSCC in 2012.
The 2022 joint conference will have the same website, and share the same registration, conference venue, and conference program. The authors will choose which conference to submit their papers. The submitted papers will go through peer review processes handled by the International Program Committee, which is composed of experts from both communities. The papers in the joint conference of Mechatronics 2022 and MoViC 2022 will be archived by IFAC Paper Online Series in partnership with Elsevier, indexed at Web of Science (SCI), INSPEC (Ei), and Scopus.
Joint Organizing Committee
NOC VC Ind.: Jeannie Falcon (Southwest Research Institute)
IPC VC Ind.: Krishna Kalyanam (NASA AMES)
Registration: Juan Ren (Iowa State Univ.)
Local Arrangement and Finance: Robert M’Closkey (UCLA)
Workshops and Tutorials: Daniel Abramovitch (Agilent Technologies)
Website and Publicity: Justin Ruths (Univ. of Texas at Dallas)
Editor: Kyoung-Chul Kong, (KAIST)
Co-Editor: Cheng-Wei Chen, (National Taiwan Univ.)
REGISTRATION OPENS on June 12, 2022
- Early Registration:
- Full Registration: $700, IFAC Affiliate: $690
- Student: $325, , IFAC Affiliate: $315
- Regular registration: $850, , IFAC Affiliate: $840
- Student: $425, IFAC Affiliate: $415
- Onsite Registration: $850, , IFAC Affiliate: $840
- Student: $425, IFAC Affiliate: $415
- One Day only: $425, IFAC Affiliate: $415
- Student: $212, IFAC Affiliate: $202
Upload for each full registration: maximum of three uploads, no more than two of which can be papers.
Extra page fees: 6 pages but no longer than 8 pages. $150 extra page charge for each page.
Tickets (Full Registration includes one Banquet ticket):
- Dinner Banquet: $110
If an author has uploaded a paper using his or her registration, the registration will not be refunded even if the paper is withdrawn or the author is unable to attend the conference. Other requests for a refund of the advanced registration fee will be processed as follows:
- Requests received by the advance registration deadline of July 14, 2022, will be fully honored and all registration charges will be refunded.
- Requests received between July 15, 2022 and Aug 6, 2022 will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given for requests received after Aug 6, 2022.
Enjoy UCLA Campus